PricewaterhouseCoopers Private Limited (“PwC”) in partnership with Federation of Indian
Chambers of Commerce and Industry
(“FICCI”) and jointly referred to as “Organisers”, are hosting a program for startups called
the link for which is available at LevelNXT (hereinafter
referred to as ‘Site’).
- The applications for this Program will commence from 17th September 2018 and all participants
must ensure that their
entry/submission is made on or before 6 PM on 21st October 2018 (“Application End Date”). Any
thereafter shall not be accepted. Participants will be required to follow the instructions
provided on the Site as
indicated in the competition information. Participants may be required to provide details of
themselves and their
organization as indicated on the Site. Organizers will not be responsible for problems or
technical malfunction of
the Site, servers, computer equipment or any software or failure of any entry due to any such
(including any third party failures or interference) on account of technical problems or
of the internet or Site or any combination thereof.
- Participation Entry (Eligibility Criteria):
- Participation in this Program is voluntary.
- The Program is open to entities considered as startups organized under the laws of
India (“Participant”) as per the defined rules laid down by the Department of Industry
Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Government of India;
- It would be mandatorily required for the startup to have a registered office within the
geographical location of India, having a preferable minimum revenue of INR 1 Crore with
a visibility of INR 5 Crore over the next 3 years to reflect their growth. However, the
revenue criteria shall not be extended to companies in the biotech and defence sector.
- The address provided by the Participants with their entry ("Entry") may be used to send
any communications, hence Participants remain responsible to make sure the address
provided for communication is upto date and correct.
- It is clarified that employees of Organizers or any associated company of Organizers
and their immediate families, persons connected with the Program and their immediate
families i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers & their agents are not eligible
to enter the Program. By entering the Program, Participant hereby warrant that all
information submitted by it is true, current and complete. Organizers reserves the
right to verify the eligibility of all Participants.
- Only one entry per Participant is allowed.
- Organizers will not be liable to reimburse any expense incurred by the Participant in
making an entry in the Program. All costs, including without limitation all transport
costs, accommodation and other related costs incurred by the Participants (the term
participants for the purposes solely of the present term refers to individuals taking
part in the Program as part of a team or on behalf of a legal entity) as a result of
and/or pursuant to their participation in the Program shall be solely borne by the
- All taxes, insurances, transfers and any other expenses as the case may be with respect
to the Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the winner of the Program.
- Organizers will not be responsible for any entry, prize, claim or other correspondence
that is late, lost, altered, damaged, incomplete, illegible or misdirected (whether or
not after their receipt by the Organizers due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Organizers.
Prior to submission of the application on URL, the Participant agrees to the following:
- The Participant expressly confirms and represents that they have read these Terms and
Conditions in relation to registration and participation of the Program, the selection
and evaluation criteria, details on usage, collection, retention and sharing of
personal and company data.
- The Participant further acknowledges and consents the usage of data by Organisers, for
evaluation, communication and as maybe required, from time to time, in promoting the
objectives of the Program. However, for purposes of clarity, it is explicitly stated
and acknowledged by the Participant that any
submission/idea/presentation/information/documents from the Participant is entirely
voluntary, non-confidential, gratuitous and non-committal.
- The Participant confirms that they are not breaching any law or violating any third
party rights by participating in this Program and shall accordingly be liable to the
extent as applicable under law.
Further the Participant acknowledges that during the course of the Program, if the
Participant is found to have infringed any third party rights under applicable law or
subsequent to exhaustive evaluation, the Participant shall be bound by the decision of
- The Participant shall not have a right to object any decisions of the Jury (defined
below) and no appeals shall be considered, as the decision shall be unanimous and
binding on the Participant.
- Participants shall submit their application before the Application End Date, by
completing the registration form and requirements, along with the associated supporting
documents and content [Incorporation certificate, Pitch f. Video, Pitch Deck and
Product demo(optional)] in the application form URL and providing the required information as per the
- Organizers and Jury reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if it has
reasonable grounds to believe that a Participant has breached any of these Rules.
The Participants agree to the following:
- The Organisers will shortlist candidates’ applications based on the eligibility
criteria, to determine the Participant’s eligibility to the next stage of the Program.
- The shortlisted Participants will be announced vide an individual mailer
- Participants selected for the in-person pitch in their selected road-show city, will be
judged by jury members, as appointed by the Organisers, who have prior experience in
the relevant field whether industry or academia (“Jury”)
- The language of communication under this Program (verbal and written) shall be English
The application submitted by the Participant shall:
- abide by the requirements reflected under these Rules
- Not contain any demeaning, abusive, profanity, hate speech, obscenity, etc.
- Not violating any laws of the land including intellectual property of any party or
person in any manner. The Participant shall be solely liable for the violation of the
- Shall not contain any offensive, defamatory, indecent, abusive content, pictorial
representation or language that can in any manner be deemed as offensive by any section
of society or prohibited under any religion or law. The participant shall be solely
liable for the violation of the same
- Shall not contain any confidential data, patent details, internal business strategy
pertaining to any company, if presented it is at your sole willingness and either of
the Organisers are not responsible for the confidential information provided.
- Be evaluated based on the criteria laid out by the Organisers
- do not and will not contain or include (i) any code or program which could cause,
directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, any material corruption, scrapping of data
(through a BOT or web crawler), deterioration, alteration or other adverse change to
Site or any other software or hardware of Organizers or any other third party or cause
damage or loss of computer files or other programs, disrupt the use of any part of a
computer system or otherwise cause or result in other loss, damage or liability to
Organizers or any other third party; or (ii) any program routine, device, or other
undisclosed feature, including, without limitation, a time bomb, software lock,
drop-dead device, malicious logic, worm, trojan horse, error, defect or trap door, that
is capable of deleting, disabling, deactivating, interfering with, or otherwise harming
or providing unauthorized access to the Site or Organizers and/or any other third
party's hardware, data, or computer programs or codes.
- The Participants shall be subject to due diligence to ensure that they are compliant with the
requirements of the Program, and shall accordingly disclose any such information that shall
support their participation in the event.
- Any and all decisions taken by the Jury, shall be final and binding, and will not be subject to
any dispute or deliberation by the Participants. The Jury or Organizers do not have an
obligation towards the Participants to explain its decision or justify why an Entry is rejected
or disqualified. The winning Participant may decline the Prize without demanding any
compensation; in this case, the Prize may be granted to another Participant in accordance with
the Jury’s rating. For clarity, in the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct,
results and all other matters relating to this Program, the decision of the Jury shall be final
and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. This Program and its Rules will be
governed by laws of India and Participants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the
courts of New Delhi, India.
The certificate, trophy and/or such other reward (“Prize”) is non-transferrable and cannot be
redeemed / exchanged for cash. No claims shall be entertained in this regard.
- Any additional prizes will be determined by Organisers prior to completion of the
- Organizers reserves the right to substitute the prize if the specified prize becomes
- Prize amount will be transferred by FICCI to the winning Participant as per the final
and binding decision of the Jury.
By participating in the Program the Participants give their express consent to the Organisers
to use the participants name, relevant details for purposes of publicity, edition,
presentation, brand study, market research, advertising and/or trade without further approval,
permission, compensation or notice in perpetuity.
By participating in the Program, the Participant(s) understands and acknowledges as follows:
- Agree to the use of their name, picture and/or likeness in perpetuity for the Program,
by the Organisers and/or without the disbursement of any compensation, by the
Organisers and/or any party authorized by Organisers
- Hereby waives all rights and grants Organisers a royalty-free, non-exclusive,
perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to copy,
modify, use, display, publish, transmit, make derivative works from, edit, alter,
store, re-format, sell and sub-license the Entry and otherwise use and distribute their
selected Entry and/or any element of the submission including any ideas or documents
shared under this Program (hereinafter the ‘Works’), in any and all media and in any
publication whether online and offline. For clarity, Participants agree that the
Organisers shall also be entitled and free to use any of Participant ideas, concepts,
photos, know-how or techniques contained in such submissions or materials shared in
furtherance to this Program for any purpose now or in future;
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, waive any moral rights or similar rights they
may have in the Works or any part thereof throughout the world;
- Undertake not to object to any use of the Works by the Organisers or any authorized
- Undertake to adhere to terms and policies as set out by the Organisers.
- Agree that Organizers does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry.
Organizers may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit,
remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic.
- Agree that Participants and/or eventual winners may be requested to take part in
promotional activity and Organizers reserves the right to use the names and addresses
of participants and/or winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- Specifically agree that by providing Organizers with Participants personal data,
Participants consent to Organizers and its representatives to process such personal
data as required for the purpose of this Program [including processing during any
publications (either offline or online)] and/or to transfer, host, store such personal
data in countries or jurisdictions as required by Organizers or its representatives as
per their policies. Participants agree that personal data relating to Participant’s
will be retained by Organizers or their representatives for a reasonable period even
after the Program closes to assist Organizers to and to deal with any queries on the
Program. Participants will ensure that they do not share any sensitive or special
category data at any time with the Organizers or its representatives. All personal data
will be processed as per laws of India.
- Participants also agree and understand that by submitting their Entry they are opting
to become a Program email subscriber and receive future email announcements and email
notices from the Organizers and its representatives.
- If a Participant is dissatisfied with the Program and/or terms and conditions of the Program,
such Participant’s sole and exclusive remedy is not to participate in the Program and the
Participants agree to waive all other rights in this regards which they may have under the law
- Important note for the Participants: All submissions, entries, ideations shall be subject to
evaluation by the Jury members during every stage. Any submissions by the Participants are
entirely voluntary, non-confidential, gratuitous and non-committal. Organisers are not liable
for any compensation/ remuneration to the Participant or its representatives for any
inadvertent or unintentional use of the Participant’s submissions. Organisers assume no
obligation with respect to any submission. Participants confirm that the submissions provided
are original work, and will not be a copy of, nor infringe the copyright or any other
Intellectual Property Rights of, any third party and that of Organizers. Participants
undertakes that any Information of the Organisers or about the Program or Site, shared or
accessed by the Participant during the next round shall be kept in strict confidence by the
Participants and/or its team at all times even post expiry of the Program and will not be
shared further with any third party. Also Participants will not make use, copy, modify, alter
and/or transfer any of the Program information for any purpose other than related to their
participation under this Program. Participants agree that they do not have any right, license
power or authority to take any action, and will not take any action, directly or indirectly,
that would create, or purport to create, any obligation toward the Organizers or Jury.
team and not be shared further with any third party.
- Participants understands and acknowledges that Organizers reserves the right to cancel or amend
the Program and/or these Rules without notice for any reasons including events outside
Organizers reasonable control without any liability towards the Participants under any account
whatsoever. Any changes will be posted on the Site.
By clicking on Agree and Continue, I hereby;
Agree and consent to these Rules;
Expressly consent that any submission/idea/presentation/information/documents by the
Participant is entirely voluntary, non-confidential, gratuitous and non-committal.
Organisers have no obligation, either express or implied, with respect to such
idea/submission/presentation/information/documents, and that Organisers are not liable for
any compensation to the Participant or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use
of that submission/idea/presentation/information/documents.